Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Watch it Wednesday- The Bachelorette Finale and Breaking Bad

Well my friends, this season of The Bachelorette has come to an end.  Where oh where do I begin.
  • I really thought Brooks was coming back.  I guess a part of me thought he was going to change his mind and go back for Des so they could ride away into the sunset.  I've probably watched way to many chick flicks.
  • I'm glad Des let Drew go early on their date.  He seems so nice, but I'm not really a fan.  Let's just say it didn't break my heart to see him leave in the least bit.
  • I was happy to see that Des wanted to continue her whole date with Chris.  I was worried she would also send him home, give up on love, and retire in an old house with 50 cats.
  • I think the producers were trying to make Chris meeting Desiree's family, especially her brother, more dramatic than it really was.  I think I saw a second of camera time of her mom.  
  • The ring Chris picked was BEAU-TIFUL!  I wouldn't expect anything less though.
  • I wasn't too excited on Desiree's wardrobe and hair for the proposal.  She has looked WAY better during other rose ceremonies, and I just thought her flesh colored dress and prom style hair was a little blah for a prime time television marriage proposal.
  • I hate to say I told you so....but I kind of did tell you so.  If you will recall this post here, I had Chris in my top 3 from the beginning.  He was my personal #1 pick from the start, and I am kind of proud of myself for getting it right- even if Brooks kind of was her first choice.  It doesn't matter though, because in the end she ended up with Chris and that's all that matters.  I rule!
  • I think I may have seen Desiree's lady goods at one point at the After the Final Rose.  That dress was short!
  • There was a little, okay a LOT of awkward tension when Brooks came out at the end.  His hair did look nice though.  Less greasy.  More styled and chic.  
  • Something about Drew in the After the Final Rose was an improvement.  Maybe his hair?
  • Two words, one name. WHAN PAUBLEU!!!  (That's Juan Pablo for those without the proper accent.)  He is so HOT and seems legit in the nice guy department.  I can't wait for his season- mostly for the many many shirtless shots you know will be in every episode.
I hope Des and Chris have a blissfully happy life adjusting their noses with strange contraptions and reading poetry to their hearts content.   Evidently they are tying the knot sometime next summer.  What are your thoughts on the finale?  Are you happy with how it all turned out?



On a different note, Breaking Bad starts up again this Sunday!  I admit I was a little late starting what some are calling the best show on TV ever.  I watched 3 episodes a loooong time ago when the series started and wasn't feeling it, so I stopped.  What was I thinking?!  When everyone wouldn't shut up about how amazing Breaking Bad was, I decided to give it a second chance.  The days following that decision could only be described as a comatose/cracked out state where I survived purely on Coca-Cola and hot pockets (Thank you Netflix!).  It's that good people!  I finally got caught up with the beginning of the fifth season last week, and I am dying to know how it all ends.  The producers say the fans won't be disappointed, so I'm ready for my mind to be blown.  If you aren't watching Breaking Bad, you have until Sunday to get caught up on the best show ever.  Or if you don't like watching amazing television and are super boring, I guess this musical recap made by children will suffice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive