You will need:
- One roast (Here I used a boneless, round rump roast)
- One packet brown gravy
- One cup water
- Minced garlic
- Seasonings of choice (I use steak seasoning, garlic salt, salt, and pepper)
- Vegetables of choice (I used baby carrots and red potatoes here, but I also like using carrots and onions)
- Large Crock Pot
- Place roast in crock pot. Set crock pot on HIGH if roast is frozen, and LOW if it is de-thawed.
- Add brown gravy packet and one cup of water. Make sure to mix up the gravy and water so there are not powder gravy spots.
- Add 1 TBSP minced garlic (I like a lot), about 1 tsp rosemary, and seasonings to your liking.
- Cover and cook. If roast was frozen, cook on HIGH 3-4 hours before adding vegetables. If roast was not frozen, cook on LOW 1-2 hours before adding vegetables.
- Add baby carrots and chopped potatoes to crock pot. Add a dash of salt and pepper. Cook another 1-2 hours.
- You will know everything is ready to eat when your roast falls apart with a fork, and you can easily put a fork through the vegetables.
It is really that simple. The hardest part is the waiting. Usually I make this roast with corn and mashed potatoes since the gravy is amazing on mashed potatoes. If you decide to go that route, total cook time for a frozen roast on HIGH is 4-6 hours, and for a de-thawed roast on LOW it is 3-4 hours. If you don't know if your roast is ready, just do the fork test. I would rather have a juicy, tender overcooked roast than a hard undercooked one any day. Enjoy!