Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Tasty Tuesday- DIY Microwave Popcorn

I love popcorn, especially late at night when I am in a snacky mood but I don't want a ton of calories to ruin my attempt of good eating from the day.  Popcorn from the store is good, but there is a better way.  I wish I would have known about this in college.  It would have saved me a lot of money and made for a fun date night snack.

You will need:

-Brown paper bag
-1/2 cup popcorn kernels
-Microwave
-seasonings of choice


Directions:
  1. Add 1/2 cup of popcorn kernels to your brown paper bag.
  2. Fold the top of the bag over twice (about an inch each fold).  DO NOT staple the bag.  A staple can spark in the microwave and catch the bag on fire.
  3. Place bag in microwave standing up, and microwave for about 2-3 minutes.  Your popcorn is done when the pops slow down and are 1-2 seconds apart.
  4. Remove bag from microwave, and add seasoning of your choice.  I like cinnamon sugar, parmesan cheese and salt, garlic salt, or my favorite- white chocolate.
  5. Enjoy!

Making popcorn this way is not only thrifty, but it allows you to create a different flavor for individuals and occasions. I like sweet popcorn, but my husband likes salty popcorn. Making DIY popcorn in a brown bag lets us each get the exact flavor we want every time.

Get creative and let me know what flavors you try!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive