Thursday, June 27, 2013

Thrifty Thursday- Breastmilk Freezer Storage

I found an awesome trick for storing frozen breast milk on THIS website, and I just had to share.  I wish I would have known about this storage trick before I had my last baby, because it would have saved me so much room in my freezer.  Before I learned about this trick, my freezer looked like this.


It was horrible, and I had to search around forever to find the oldest milk in the bunch.  I literally had a whole section of my freezer dedicated to storing giant lumps of breast milk since they took up so much room.  Not practical at all.  Ladies, there is a better way!  All you need is a medium gift bag and scissors.  The tutorial on Greenlitebites is a lot better than the pictures I took, but basically you just cut a 1-2 inch slit in the bottom of the gift bag.  Then, when you lay your freezer milk bags into the gift bag, they will freeze flat and you can pull the oldest milk out from the slit at the bottom of the bag.  It's genius I tell ya!  Now my freezer looks like this:


Not the best picture, but as you can see it is a much better use of space and is much more organized.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive