Honey, Wheat, and Flaxseed Pancakes
- 1 cup Wheat Flour
- 3 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk (I just used milk)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Place all ingredients into a large mixing bowl, stirring to combine.
- Heat a medium non-stick skillet to medium heat. Spoon a few tablespoons of batter into the center of your skillet. With a spoon, form your batter into a nice round pancake. Let cook for about 2 minutes or until bottom is golden brown. Flip and cook for an additional minute or so until browned and cooked through. Transfer each pancake to a plate until all batter is used up.
- Serve these healthy pancakes with pure maple syrup and sliced/chopped fruit. A thin layer of peanut butter is good too.
I mashed up a few strawberries and used them as my topping. It was so sweet and soooo good.