Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Tasty Tuesday- Honey, Wheat, and Flaxseed Pancakes

The other day I was in the mood for some pancakes, but I wanted to make some that were semi-healthy.  Naturally, I headed to Pinterest for a good looking recipe to try.  After searching around, I found this recipe for Honey, Wheat and Flaxseed Pancakes.  They were very easy to make and super yummy.  I will definitely be making these again.

Honey, Wheat, and Flaxseed Pancakes

Ingredients
  • 1 cup Wheat Flour
  • 3 tablespoons ground flaxseed
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup buttermilk (I just used milk)
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 3 tablespoons honey
Directions
  1. Place all ingredients into a large mixing bowl, stirring to combine.
  2. Heat a medium non-stick skillet to medium heat. Spoon a few tablespoons of batter into the center of your skillet. With a spoon, form your batter into a nice round pancake. Let cook for about 2 minutes or until bottom is golden brown. Flip and cook for an additional minute or so until browned and cooked through. Transfer each pancake to a plate until all batter is used up.
  3. Serve these healthy pancakes with pure maple syrup and sliced/chopped fruit. A thin layer of peanut butter is good too.
Makes 8-11 3 inch pancakes



I mashed up a few strawberries and used them as my topping.  It was so sweet and soooo good.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive