Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Tasty Tuesday- Crescent Pizza Pockets, Crescent Pigs in a Blanket, and Cresent Nutella Rolls

The other day I decided to try some new recipes with crescent rolls for lunch.  I made Crescent Pizza Pockets, Pigs in a Blanket, and Crescent Nutella Rolls.  All of them were so good.  It took about 20 minutes start to finish for this easy lunch, and my little boy loved it (which is always a plus).  I can't confirm or deny that he actually got to try any of the Nutella Rolls though.  I can say they were my favorite.

1. Crescent Pizza Pockets
  • Crescent Rolls
  • Pepperoni (I used minis)
  • String Cheese (or shredded mozzarella would work too)

I cut the string cheese in half and placed it at the widest part of the crescent roll with a small handful of pepperoni.  Then, just roll it up like a normal crescent roll making sure everything stays inside.  You can also cut each crescent roll in half or fourths if you want less bread and more filling ratio, or if you are trying to feed more people.



2. Crescent Pigs in a Blanket
  • Crescent Rolls
  • Lit'l Smokies (I use the Beef ones)

When you open the crescent rolls, you will have rectangle shaped pieces that will separate into the crescent triangles.  For Pigs in a Blanket, you will want to leave the crescent rolls in the rectangle form.  Cut thin strips about an inch wide, and place one smokie at one end.  Roll it up into the crescent roll.  It's okay if it is not completely covered.




3. Crescent Nutella Roll
  • Crescent Rolls
  • Nutella
This is pretty self explanitory, but you will want to put a nice and thick layer of Nutella in a crescent roll before rolling it up.  Try to keep the Nutella inside so it isn't oozing out. 




 Place all of the above into the oven for the time specified on the Crescent Roll package.  I found the Nutella Rolls cooked a little faster than the others, and I had to take them out a minute or two earlier.




 When everything is golden brown, they are done.  In this case, it's best to eat dessert first because the Nutella Rolls are best eaten when warm and gooey.  Trust me, just do it.  You will not be disappointed.  I actually just tried Nutella for the first time a little while ago, and I am kind of addicted to these rolls now.  Serve on a plate for a yummy lunch that is toddler approved.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive