Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Tasty Tuesday- Cilantro Lime Chicken Freezer Meal

I found this freezer meal recipe for Cilantro Lime Chicken from Six Sisters' Stuff.  If you haven't been to their site, you should check it out.  They have some great recipes.  I love chicken and cilantro, so it was a no-brainer that I had to try this recipe. I put it all together and froze it, but I wasn't quite sure how to serve it once it was cooked.  There are not a lot of pictures of the final product after a freezer meal is cooked, so I figured I would give a review and show how we ate the Cilantro Lime Chicken meal at our house.  Here is the recipe from Six Sisters' Stuff website.




Cilantro Lime Chicken w/ Corn and Black Beans
Ingredients:
1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts
Juice from 2 limes

1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
1 (16 oz) bag frozen corn

2 minced garlic cloves

1/2 red onion, chopped

1 can black beans, drained and rinsed

1 tsp cumin
 
salt and pepper to taste
Directions: 
Place all ingredients in a resealable gallon-sized freezer bag. Mix together and zip bag closed.
When ready to eat, remove from freezer and thaw in fridge for 24 hours. Cook on LOW for 8 hours (or HIGH for 4 hours). 

(Here is where I will add my two cents.)  Don't be afraid of the chicken burning when you cook it.  It will have a lot of moisture from the lime juice, corn, and black beans while it is heating up.  When chicken is finished, shred the chicken up.  It should shred pretty easy.  Once the chicken is shredded, mix it up with the black beans, corn, and cilantro.  Spread the mixture onto a tortilla with some sour cream and cheese, and you have a delicious burrito.  My husband isn't a fan of cilantro, but he loved this chicken.  He said it tasted like Cafe Rio chicken.  (If you haven't been to Cafe Rio, their chicken is amazing!) We each stuffed ourselves with two giant burritos and had leftovers for the next day.  I will definitely be making this again.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive