Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Watch it Wednesday- Redbox Review

There are some really good movies out on Redbox right now.  So, if you're looking for something good to rent, here are a few reviews of the ones I have recently seen and liked.

The Impossible


Make sure and grab some tissues, because this movie will make you cry.  It is such a powerful account of survival in such a crazy tragedy.  I really enjoyed this movie.  The acting is really well done, and it is packed with emotion from beginning to end.

Silver Linings Playbook

I really liked this movie.  It has kind of a quirky feel to it, but I love quirky.  It was a lot different than I had expected it to be, and it had a good story that kept me entertained the whole time.  Plus, Bradley Cooper is in it...so it's a no-brainer. 

The Hobbit


I rented this, because I felt like I kind of HAD to see it since I saw all the Lord of the Rings movies.  I definitely thought this was a good movie as a renter.  I can see how some people say it is way better in the theaters because of all the special effects and stuff, but I am not the biggest LOR fan, so seeing it at home was just fine for me.  I think this was a good movie, but it got a little drawn out at times.  I think breaking The Hobbit into three different movies was a little over-kill, but it's all about the $$$ and there are enough fans out there that this movie will make a lot of it.

Django

With Quentin Tarantino movies, you either love them or hate them, and my husband and I are big fans.  This movie was pretty intense, but I thought it had very clever humor and great acting.  If you like Quentin Tarantino's style, you will love this movie. 

Les Miserables

 
This movie is one of my new favorites.  I really enjoy musicals and grew up performing and watching them.  Les Miserables is a classic, and this movie was everything and more.  All of the actors were amazing in their roles, with the exception of poor Russel Crowe, but I think that was a casting flaw and not his fault at all.  He really did his best job, but I think they could have found someone else more villain-like with a stronger voice to play his part.  If you don't like musicals, this movie may not be your cup of tea.  It is pretty much all singing.  The music and acting is so raw and beautiful.  If you haven't seen it and are planning to rent a Redbox soon, this is the one you want to get.

What Redbox movies have you seen recently and loved?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive