Friday, May 24, 2013

Friday Favorites

Drop Stop
I know you've been there.  You're driving in your car, and all of a sudden you drop your cellphone or that french fry you were eating down into the crack of your seat.  Then you have to get out of your car and awkwardly bend to dig under the seat while your butt is sticking up in the air and your arm twists like play-dough trying to retrieve your lost item.  Well, this has happened to me more times that I would like to admit.  A couple months ago, my husband and I were watching ABC's show "Shark Tank" when a couple entrepreneurs got a deal for their product, the Drop Stop.  The Drop Stop is tube looking thing that fits in that annoying gap and stops things from falling down the crack of death.  We immediately jumped online and ordered two of them for our cars.  These things really work!  They literally take 10 seconds to install, and they have successfully stopped a few things from falling into the black hole gap already.  You can get the Drop Stop for $19.99 +S$H, and it comes with a credit card light and slide free pad.



Wubbanub
If your baby takes a pacifier, you know how annoying it is to constantly have to put it back in their mouth when they spit it out over, and over, and over again. After our second baby was born, I heard about this thing called a Wubbanub.  It is a pacifier that is sewn on to a cute little animal, and it is supposed to help your baby easily find their pacifier and put it back in themselves if it falls out.  Evidently it was the greatest thing invented since sliced bread, so I had to check it out. 

The store I went to had a yellow duck, a green frog, and a red dog.  I went with the red dog and was so excited for my little guy to try it out.  Since he already takes the Soothie pacifiers, he immediately latched on to the Wubbanubs use the same pacifier brand.  He then put his hand around the little dog, and he has loved it ever since. 

I love the Wubbanub for two main reasons: (1) It is so easy to find when I am frantically searching all over the house for a pacifier to soothe my baby, and (2) My little guy can easily find it on his own to soothe himself in his carseat while I am driving and can't get to him.  It did take a while for him to figure out, but now even if he is not getting the actual pacifier in his mouth, he is still happy with chewing on the dogs leg or ear since he is teething.  The only things I would say are negatives with the Wubbanub are that the pacifier is literally sewn on to the animal, so it can be tricky to wash.  Also, if your baby doesn't take a Soothie pacifier, then they probably won't like it.  Both of those were not problems for us, and we love our little red Wubbanub dog.  Wubbanubs run anywhere from $10-14 depending on where you buy them.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive