Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Tasty Tuesday- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Muffins

I have been making this recipe since I was a little girl.  It's probably my favorite baking recipe, and it never goes wrong.  Ever.  Well, that's a lie.  One time I used butter instead of margarine, and they didn't really turn out well.  So, make sure you use margarine.  From my experience, margarine is best for baking, and butter is best for cooking.  You can make this recipe in a bread pan, but I like making muffins since they are easy to grab on the go for breakfast or take to an event.

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Muffins
  • 3 large ripe bananas (Put your old bruised bananas in the freezer and de-thaw them when you want to make bread.  They have the best banana flavor this way.)
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 4 tablespoons margarine, melted and cooled
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/2 bag chocolate chips (optional, but delicious)
Mix mushy bananas, sugar, egg, and butter together.  Gradually add in salt, flour and baking soda.  Add chocolate chips if desired (which I highly recommend). Preheat oven to 325 F.  Lightly grease muffin pans or loaf pans.



For loaf pan: bake approx. 55-60 min.
For muffins: bake approx. 10-15 min.
*You know the muffins are done when they turn golden just around the edges.  I usually mix a double batch, and it makes about 30-35 muffins.


Slap some butter in the middle of these bad boys, and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive