Friday, April 26, 2013

Friday Favorites

When you become a mom, taking a shower becomes a whole new experience. If you're lucky, you get to shower daily and uninterrupted. If you're not, you get to shower every other day while your kids bang on the door or hurl toys at your naked body while you rush to get clean. I usually end up showering around 2pm when my kids both go down for naps, so if you knock on my door before then, don't be surprised when I'm still makeup-less and in my pajamas. Since taking a 5 minute shower may be the only time I get to be alone with my thoughts in complete silence, I try to make the most of it with some of my favorite beauty products.

Old School Herbal Essence



I was so mad when Herbal Essence re-branded themselves and came out with their new look and product. It sucked! So, I was so excited when they recently brought back their old line of shampoo and conditioner. It smells SOooOOoo good (I'm sure you remember the commercials) and I am all about smelling good since I often smell like goldfish crackers and spit up. It's also very affordable. I'm kind of a brat when it comes to conditioner, because I hate conditioners that don't leave my hair soft. The old school Herbal Essence conditioner is awesome, and is very thick.  It leaves my hair soft and smelling good all day long.


Victoria's Secret Love Spell Body Wash


When I was a teenager, I was obsessed with the smell of VS's Love Spell. I once had a boy I liked tell me it smelled amazing, so I always thought I was smoking hot when I wore it. In college I strayed away from Love Spell, but recently I got a sniff of it walking through the mall and the memories of high school (the good ones) came flooding back to me. I decide to buy the body wash, and I'm so glad I did. Now when I shower, it's like I'm going down memory lane. It reminds me of my best friend long ago and all the good times we had being careless teens. I absolutely love it! It's my little escape.

Clarisonic Mia
Once upon a time, long long ago, I got a super nice facial at a spa. My skin felt so great after, and I asked the spa lady what she use to clean and scrub my face. She said it was the Clarisonic Skin Care System. A few months later my skin started looking horrible, so I broke down and decided to buy the Clarisonic Mia. I love this thing! I keep it in the shower and use it every other day, and my skin has never looked better. I even had a lady complement my skin at Sophora when I was buying a replacement head the other day. That never happens! They can be a little pricey, so ask for gift cards from friends and family for Christmas like I did, and it helps lessen the blow on your wallet. Clarisonic is from the same company that makes Sonicare toothbrushes, so if you like those you will love their skin care system.

Dry Shampoo


On the days I don't have time to wash my hair, I use dry shampoo, so I don't look like a complete grease ball. I use the cheap got2b brand from Wal-Mart, and it works great. I seriously don't know how I would make it without dry shampoo. I guess I would wear a LOT of hats.

What are your favorite beauty products?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive